First and foremost, thanks for visiting and taking time to read this. The main purpose of this little blog is to get a better understanding of different viewpoints one my have on crime and the media. With that being said, if I could ask you to take some time to answer these questions I would deeply appreciate it! Also if you could be so kind as to pass this around to others so they may do it also, the more responses the better!
1. What makes a good crime story?
2. What types of crimes make the news?
3. In terms of whether a story is newsworthy: How important is the gender of the victim or defendant? Physical appearance? Age? Ethnic identity? Economic status? Celebrity status?
4. Do you feel that media outlets report all the facts? Are they bias? Why or why not?
5. Is there a process the media uses to determine what is important and what should be left out in the story?
6. Do you feel that the media only reports on crime that will increase their ratings/sales?
Again I thank all of you that decide to help me out on this!